Sunday, May 04, 2008

All I Want for Mother's Day

Here is my list of what I am hoping to get for Mother's Day. I thought I would write this post in the hopes that my husband might read it. I also thought this might serve as good gift ideas for the cooking enthusiast.


First on my list is a pasta machine. The particular one pictured is an Imperia Pasta Machine sold exclusively at William Sonoma and made in Italy. I really want to try making my own pasta but I really really dont want to have to roll it out by hand. I have read some reviews and the Imperia had mainly good reviews. I am also making this easy on my husband as we have a gift card for William Sonoma!



The next on my list is the cookbook Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan. This one seems to be the bible for Italian Cooking so I must have it. We definitely prefer Italian food. I love cooking it and my husband loves eating it. I have quite a few cookbooks that I use on a regular basis but quite frankly I am getting bored with some of them!



Third on my list is another cookbook. Mario Batali's Italian Grill looks like it would be a great addition and wonderful compliment to the books I already have! I have another of his books, Simple Italian Food, which I love, but I do want to add to my collection. Also, the nicer spring weather makes we want to grill but recently I have been having trouble finding interesting grilling recipes. I hope this book can help. Mario Batali also peaked my interest in this book when I caught him on Martha Stewart the other day, cooking some of his recipes. They looked great!


Last on my list, well as far as cooking stuff goes, is this nifty looking OXO Corn Stripper. It is shaped like a computer mouse and cuts the corn kernels off the cob quickly, easily, and safely. We like fried corn among other recipes that require you cut off the kernels. I usually use a knife and a cutting board but also feel awkward and clumsy, a great way to cut off a finger! This tool looks like it would take away at least the unsafe part of de-kerneling the cob!

1 comments:

Adam said...

Allright Allright, I am on my way to the store!