Friday, April 18, 2008

More on the Kid-Friendly Front


I wanted to do a follow-up on a post I published a month or so ago. The topic was on kid-friendly or family-friendly restaurants that were nicer restaurants. Since that I post, I have been on the lookout for other restaurants that would fit this description and I found another one!

Cap City Diner, with 2 locations in Columbus, Ohio, is a Cameron Mitchell owned restaurant that takes your normal diner cuisine and makes it a lot better. A couple of our favorite items are their meatloaf, the pork chops are amazing, and my husband really likes the grilled cheese sandwich which has a friend egg on it. Anyway, we went there for dinner a few nights ago with my 1 year old (ok, he's 1 on the 21). I looked over the children's menu briefly to check out the offerings when something at the top caught my eye. There was a spot on the menu that said "Complimentary Baby Food Available". I asked the server about this, wondering if Cap City takes the time to make baby food or what. Turns out they have Gerber baby food that is available for free upon request. They had a nice selection of fruits and vegetables too. I was surprised that they had any, let alone 5 or 6 types to choose from! We ordered some for my son since he still only has 2 teeth, though 4 new ones are well on their way.

I think it is awesome and noteworthy that Cap City Diner has taken the time to consider their customers with small babies! Bravo! We will definitely be back!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found a couple of web sites that have the best sandwich ideas for kids. We all know that there will be no 'food fight' if the sandwich looks like fun.

This link by Kraft is a lunch box builder to help you with lunch menus:
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/YourKids/LunchboxSolutions/

Land O'Lakes has the cutest sandwiches ever: http://www.landolakes.com/sandwiches/kid-friendly-sandwich-recipes.cfm

These ideas will get your creative juices flowing.