Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Moretti of Arlington


Last Saturday night, after I had spent all day trying on wedding dresses, Adam and I went to dinner at Moretti's of Arlington at Tremont Center. Moretti's is an intimate, neighborhood Italian restaurant with a very "trendy" atmosphere with rich reds and blues. The restaurant's setting would be romantic, except that is always seems to be a bit noisy inside. Upon sitting down, we noticed that they bought new chairs. The old ones were very uncomfortable. The new chairs are better, but not by much.

Adam and I both started with a beer. Moretti's has an Italian beer on tap called Moretti, fitting right? If you like exotic beers, you would probably like Moretti. It has a wonderful floral aroma and flavor to it. It is much better on tap than in the bottle, as is usually the case with beer

Since we both ordered entrees, we started with our choice of the soup or salad. We both opted to start with the wedding soup. I love wedding soup and I very much enjoy the wedding soup at Moretti. My only complaint about the soup is that the meatballs are a little small and they are the best part!

For an entree I chose the Veal Moretti, which is a Veal cutlet breaded and stuffed with provolone cheese, served over a bead of fettucine with mushrooms in a cream sauce. Moretti's has 6 different preparations that you can choose with Veal or Chicken. I have had most of these at one time or another and all very good. My only complaint about the Veal Moretti I had on Saturday was that the cheese in the center of the veal was not completely melted, or rather it was and then it sat in the kitchen for a couple of minutes before it was actually served to me. But I dont think that is usually the case there.

Adam on the other hand had one of the specials. It was veal sausage links prepared a particular way, however Adam chose to have in prepared in a spicy tomato sauce with peppers and onions. He loved it! He really enjoyed the flavor on the veal sausage. He is on a spicy anything kick these days so I am sure he loved the tomato sauce just because it is spicy.

Dinner at Moretti was enjoyable! It is a great choice if you live in Arlington and dont want to go too far from home for dinner! We have taken carry-out from there quite a few times and it works well as carry-out also! I recommend it the next time you are in the area.

0 comments: